Europe Explorer 10D/8C
Welcome to Kaia Safaris Europe Explorer. For the next 10 days we will explore together the highlights that Europe has to offer as we are leaving London for Paris, the Swiss Alps, the romantic Rhine Valley and buzzing Amsterdam.
Why this Trip
This is the ideal trip to get a taste of Europe when you have a very short time to do it in. A very relaxed trip to take in some of the most beautiful sites France, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium have to offer.
click on day to expand daily Itinary
Welcome to Kaia Safaris Europe Explorer.
On the first day we will be leaving London to cross the English Channel and we are on our way to Paris. Arriving late in the city of lights and love? You will go on a driving tour of the French Capital. Cameras ready for some off the citys most treasured landmarks Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre Museum just to name a few.
After the city tour we will have dinner in one of the Bohemian and historic neighbourhoods the Latin Quarter.
After dinner back to our hotel on the Paris metro system an experience in itself. Now that you have done like the locals do, you are ready to enjoy your free day tomorrow!
Today is all yours to explore this beautiful city as you wish. The wonderful thing about Paris is that it there is so much to experience, regardless of the time of day, or season. The Seine River is the backbone of the capital, and flows through the heart of the city. The banks are peppered with booksellers and market stalls if you wish to walk.
Why not choose a cruise, and sail your way past the grandeur of the gothic Notre Dame cathedral, to the epic Eiffel Tower? The commentary from the riverboats will give you invaluable knowledge and information of the city. Famous architecture is scattered through the city, and strolling is the best mode of transport for taking in every ounce of history.
Paris Disneyland is perfect for the young at heart, and is only a short distance away. Dont miss the opportunity to sample such French delicacies as frogs legs and snails!
Things to do:
- Visit LOpera Garnier, Place de la Concorde, Hotel de Ville and Louvre Museum.
- Feel like shopping? Then there is no better place to go than the famous shopping street Champs-Elysees.
- Alternatively explore the museums, people-watch from the may side walk cafs or simply stroll along the river following in the footsteps of great painters, musicians and writers.
Leaving Paris on our way to Burgundy, (a UNESCO World Heritage site and famous wine-producing region), we will stop for lunch in the small town of Beaune. Here you will have some free time to explore this beautiful medieval town centre and the opportunity to try local food and wine, Why not visit the beautiful Hospices de Beaune?
After lunch we take a long scenic mountain drive into Switzerland – spectacular views as we drive through this amazing country alongside lakes, breath-taking mountain vistas and scenic views of quaint Swiss towns, heading towards the Swiss Alps for our stay in a typical mountain village in the heart of the Jungfrau region. This is one of the most-visited regions of the Alps and also a World Heritage site, containing Europe’s largest glacier. Welcome to the Swiss Alps, your home for the next two days!
The splendor of the Alps is yours today dont miss the chance to join our optional excursion up to Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe! The trip to the top is a real highlight; you might find yourself pressed up against the windows as the picture-perfect Swiss countryside rolls beneath you. Look out for quaint villages nestled in the valleys beneath snow-capped peaks and tumbling mountain waterfalls. Once weve reached the top, enjoy the year-round snow and breathtaking views of the surrounding glaciers and craggy mountaintops.
Once youve had a chance to explore and capture as many photos as possible, its back down to lower altitudes for the rest of the afternoon. Take the chance to head into nearby Interlaken to see the lakes of the region, shop for chocolates and cuckoo clocks, or have a fondue (a classic dish – melted cheese is served in a communal pot, over a candle and eaten by dipping bread into the cheese)! Eating among scenery like the Swiss Alps makes for a truly incredible experience!
We’re off to Italy! Enjoy more breath-taking mountain views as we drive through Switzerland and on to see the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa! This is your chance to take those iconic pictures of holding up the tower?, hand stands pushing up the tower with your legs? and all the other crazy ideas you might come up with!
After some free time here (be sure to get the perfect photo!) we travel on to our accommodation in Tuscany (Florence area), arriving in the late afternoon. Famous for its stunning countryside, fine food and wine, Italy’s most beautiful region is guaranteed to delight you.
Tonight you may have the option of enjoying a taste of traditional Tuscan cuisine featuring bruschetta and antipasto, Cannelloni a la Florentine (pasta), pork roast (vegetarian option available) with potatoes and homemade dessert. This is a real delight to the senses and a hearty four-course meal to top off a day of exploring.
Up early, breakfast and off we go for a guided walking tour of the famous city of Florence the capital city of the Tuscan Region in Italy. With your professional local guide you will see Florence’s Baptistery, Bell Tower, Gates of Paradise, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, Ponte Vecchio.Learn about the legacy of the Medicis and see the Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, featuring Michelangelos David. This is the cradle of Renaissance culture soak it all in while you can!
Then it’s ‘Buon giorno Venice!’ Venice is known as one of the world’s most romantic cities. Spread across 118 islands, you’ll spend the afternoon discovering why this is such a ‘must-see’ destination, with more art-works per square kilometer than anywhere else on earth! Your tour leader will take you into the heart of this unique floating city for an orientation to help you explore and see St. Marks Square, St. Marks Basilica, St. Marks Museum, Campanile (Elevator to the top), Doges Palace, Rialto Market and Scuola Grande di San Rocco. Afterwards, sip an espresso, enjoy a cruise along the canals on a gondola or relax and watch the world go by in one of the many piazzas.Why not try out frittole, a fried snack originating from Trieste and Venice. Made from dough with raisins, orange peel and lemon peel, it comes with various fillings including custard and chocolate.
Arrivederci, Italy! Heading north toward Germany, you will encounter some of the most beautiful countryside in central Europe. Travelling over the famous Brenner Pass with its breath taking views, we will make our way to Austria for a comfort stop in Innsbruck with its dramatic mountain backdrop.
Arriving in Munich in the afternoon, it is time for a guided walking tour of the city of Munich. A city that exhibits both prosperity and a certain amount of comfort and cosines, Munichs apparent contradictions will delight the avid explorer. Along with modern high-powered industry, designer shopping districts and sleek BMWs, youll find a wealth of cultural hot spots. Even with all its smart sophistication, Munich has a certain charm that visitors find irresistible.
This evening, enjoy a beer in one of Munichs traditional beer halls before dinner (dishes include typical German favorites such as sausages with sauerkraut, and off coarse potato dumplings with sauerkraut vegetarian option). What a great way to round off the day. Prost!
Things to experiences:
- Scenic drive: cross spectacular mountain passes and experience some amazing mountain vistas.
- Visit Innsbruck: enjoy a comfort stop to experience this beautiful Austrian city that lies in a valley with an incredible backdrop of high mountains.
- Munich orientation tour: your tour leader will take you on an orientation tour of Munich, the capital and largest city of the German state of Bavaria. Beer hall dinner: we take you to visit a traditional beer hall and sample some German food and drink, including famous German sausages (vegetarian options available) and beer.
Lets board the coach once more and make a dash for Germanys famous Rhine Valley! Relax on board a Rhine riverboat as we head to our hotel in the heart of the Rhine Valley. This is the most concentrated stretch of castles in all of Europe, and it also features vineyards, charming medieval towns and lofty cliffs. Learn the story of the castles, many of which are now in ruins since the river barons left long ago.
Once the cruise is over we’ll visit a local wine merchants for an included wine tasting – if the harvest has been good, you may even get to try eiswein (ice wine), a very sweet dessert wine that is produced in very small quantities as it can only be harvested when the temperature drops below freezing.
At the dinner this evening, you may have the chance to try sauerkraut (fermented cabbage), sauerbraten (beef sausages marinated in vinegar before cooking) or schweinbraten (roast pork in beer, usually wheat beer). A vegetarian option will also be available.
Things to experience:
- Rhine River Cruise: cruise down the Rhine and see the beautiful scenery and the largest concentration of gothic castles (Sterrenberg, Liebestein, Katz and Fortess Rheinfels).
- Rhine Valley Wine Tasting: visit a local wine merchants in one of Germany’s most famous wine growing regions, and sample several types of delicious German wine. Popular varieties from the surrounding area and neighboring regions include Riesling, Sptburgunder and Pinot Noir. The region is also well known for eiswein (ice wine), a very sweet dessert wine made from grapes harvested in the freezing winter months.
- German food is typically unfussy and hearty. At the dinner this evening, you will have the chance to try sauerkraut (fermented cabbage), sauerbraten (beef sausages marinated in vinegar before cooking) or schweinbraten (roast pork in beer – usually wheat beer). Although meat features heavily in Germany cuisines, there will of course also be a vegetarian option, for example pasta, potato salad and red cabbage.
Heading towards the Netherlands our next stop will be at a typical windmill (Riekermolen).
Following that well enjoy a traditional cheese-making demonstration. The Dutch tradition of making cheese stretches all the way back to the Roman times. At the cheese making demonstration you will have the opportunity to try typical Dutch varieties, such as Gouda, Edam, Maasdammer (a nutty cheese with large holes), Boerenkaas (raw milk cheese), goat’s cheese, smoked cheese and Frisian clove cheese (made with cumin and cloves).
Learn about how that most quirky and quaint of footwear choices, (the clog) is made, before travelling onward to Amsterdam.
After checking into your hotel, we will join an Amsterdam canal dinner cruise! Get on board and get those cameras ready: this is the best way to experience the city of Amsterdam, with its 17th century architecture, fascinating museums and cafes. Watch the city drift past as you sail by, and listen out for tips and interesting insights into the city from your tour leader.
Later on, you have the option to join your tour leader for a walking tour of the infamous Red Light District or the evening is yours to explore this fascinating city!
Things to experience in and around Amsterdam:
- Visit Riekermolen Windmill: a great photo stop!
- Cheese and clogs demonstration: see how these famous shoes are traditionally made by hand and taste some fantastic cheeses and of course the chance to shop and get those unique souvenirs.
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise: sail along Amsterdam’s stunning canals at twilight. A perfect introduction to Amsterdam!
- Amsterdam orientation walking tour: your tour leader will show you Central Station, the infamous Red light district, Dam Square, Damrak, Royal Palace, National Monument, Old and New Church and of course the canals that weave through the city.
After breakfast, we bid farewell to Amsterdam and make our way back to London via the Belgian city of Bruges. Famous for its beer, waffles, chocolate and moules et frites, this is definitely a good place to be if youve brought your appetite. An extremely popular medieval city with no shortage of cobblestone streets, historic old churches and lofty towers, this is a great city to explore and a good spot to pick up any last-minute souvenirs.
Once youve had a look around, its back to the coach for the final leg of our journey back to London.
Last minute things to experience on your visit to Bruges:
- A stop in this beautiful medieval town with some free time so you could try the signature national dish of frites and mayonnaise.
- Visit or even climb the Belfry Tower. Have a Belgian beer or buy some amazing Belgian chocolate.
- Along with the famous canals and medieval architecture, Bruges is a chocolate hotspot! Head to Katelijnestraat in the south of Bruges (your tour leader can point you in the right direction), where you will find many chocolate shops.
Need help booking? Talk to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport Transfers
- Hotel Bed and Breakfast
- Excursion as per Itinerary
- Extra Excursions (not included in Itinerary)
Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices - or by email (when you receive an email response confirmation from us).
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in the table below (the cancellation charge detailed is calculated on the basis of the total cost payable by the person cancelling, excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges which are not refundable in the event of the person to whom they apply cancelling).
Period before departure within which notice of Cancellation by you is received Amount of cancellation charge
- 60 days or more before departure Loss of deposit
- 30 - 59 days before departure 40% of holiday cost
- 15 - 29 days before departure 70% of holiday cost
- 14 days or less before departure 100% of holiday cost
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. We will deduct the cancellation charges from any monies you have already paid to us.